Sunday, May 18, 2014

Bread Machine Ciabbata Bread

Bread Machine Ciabatta Bread

Bread....one of my downfalls.  I don't think there's anything on this earth that can quite compare with a slice of fresh bread, straight out of the oven, with a big slather of butter.  YUM!!!

I love my bread, and I love my breadmaker to get the dough going for me.  I'm not a big fan of the bread baked in the machine, the loaves just never come out like I want them to, but for getting the dough going, this is perfect.

So, here I leave you a Bread maker recipe for 2 delicious loaves of Ciabatta Bread.

Bread Machine Ciabatta Bread
Bread Machine Ciabbata Bread


1 1/2 cups Water
1 1/2 teaspoons Salt
1 teaspoon Sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 1/4 cups Flour; (4.06 cups of spelt)
1 1/2 teaspoons Yeast

Place ingredients into the pan of the bread machine in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select the Dough cycle, and Start. Dough will be quite sticky and wet once cycle is completed, resist the temptation to add more flour.

Place dough on a lightly floured board, cover with a large bowl, and let rest for 15 minutes. Lightly flour or use parchment lined baking sheets. Divide into 2 pieces, and form each into a 13x14 inch oval. Place loaves on prepared sheets, dimple surface, and lightly flour. Cover, and let rise in a draft free place for approximately 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 425 degres F.

Bread Machine Ciabatta Bread

Dimple dough for a second time, and then place loaves in the oven, positioned on the middle rack. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. During baking, spritz loaves with water every 5 to 10 minutes for a crispier crust.

Bread Machine Ciabatta Bread

No comments:

Post a Comment