Monday, December 03, 2012

Pizza in a Pot

Oh my, I do love a good slow cooked meal, especially in the winter time.

I don't get to use mine as often as I would like, and nowhere near as much as I used to back in Idaho where it actually got cold and snowy and my crockpot beckoned for soups and stews..

Pizza in a Pot

I have a few recipes on the menu for my crockpot....and one especially because I have the best review/giveaway coming up which focuses ALL on slow cooking etc. Stay tuned for that.

Anyway, on to the recipe. I love Taste of Home and have a bunch of cookbooks, magazines etc.....this recipe comes from one of the Slow Cooker Cookbooks and is a winner in my pasta and pizza loving household.

Pizza in a Pot

Pizza in a Pot

1-1/2 pounds ground beef
1 medium green pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
1 jar (14 ounces) pizza sauce
2 tablespoons tomato paste
3 cups spiral pasta, cooked and drained
2 packages (3-1/2 ounces each) sliced pepperoni
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese

Directions

In a large skillet, cook the beef, green pepper and onion over medium
heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce,
pizza sauce and tomato paste.

In a 5-qt. slow cooker, layer the pasta, beef mixture, pepperoni and
cheese. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until heated through.

Yield: 8 servings.

If you'd like, substitute 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage for the pepperoni in Pizza in a Pot. Cook it along with the ground beef, green pepper and onion.

No comments:

Post a Comment