Thursday, March 01, 2012

Broiled Parmesan Tilapia

Tonight's dinner was a simple one.   It's payday, I have yet to get my menus written up and the grocery list done so I turned to my freezer for help.

2012_03010007

I had a 2 lb package of Tilapia Filets which I hadn't used yet, so out they came, thawed they were, and then thrown placed into the broiler with this delicious topping.

The recipe is one that I found a while ago on All Recipes.  I wanted something different to make with the fish aside from my usual way of preparing them.  These came out great and I think they'll be made many more times as it got the approval from the family, even the picky 12 year old that doesn't really care for fish or seafood.

2012_03010005

Broiled Parmesan Tilapia


1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, softened
3 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon celery salt
2 pounds tilapia fillets

Preheat your oven's broiler. Grease a broiling pan or line pan with aluminum foil.

In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.

2012_03010001

Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan.

2012_03010004

Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes. Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side.

Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.

2012_03010008

2 comments:

  1. I just bought some Tilapia the other day and had no idea how to fix it. I can't wait to give your recipe a try this upcoming week. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM-O! This is a recipe I will most definitely, for sure, absolutely have to try this! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us...
    trudy

    ReplyDelete