Saturday, December 17, 2011

Pepperoni Bread

We love all kinds of breads and especially if they have meats inside.

My kids love pepperoni so I'm always looking for a quick and easy yummy recipe to try.

On my facebook page a few weeks back, Stacey mentioned a Pepperoni Bread that she makes and I asked her to email me the recipe.

Here's Stacey's recipe, I followed it but then deviated a bit because I didn't realize that I had an appointment I had to go to, so I popped them into the crockpot instead of the oven and the result was different than what they're supposed to look like....the filling tended to stay all in the bottom LOL

BUT, it was delicious nonetheless, next time though I'm sticking to Stacey's recipe and following it to a tee. :)

Pepperoni Bread


 
1/4 - 1/2 lb sliced pepperoni cut in quarters
2 eggs
palmful of oregano
palmfull of garlic powder or garlic salt (your choice, I use garlic powder)
2 ½ cups shredded mozz cheese
2 cans of pillsbury FRENCH LOAF (in the cold section of grocery store)
Cookie Sheet
Pam Spray (cooking spray)

Instructions
-Preheat oven to 350
-spray cookie sheet lightly with pam
-Mix together everything in a mixing bowl using a spoon until well mixed.
-Open one can of the french loaf and gently pull along the slit they have in it ….
-pour half of your mix onto the loaf and spread close to the edges but not touching them
-now roll the loaf towards you, like you were making a wrap or pumpkin roll
-once rolled together, tuck in the ends and kneed with your fingers
-flip roll over, place roll seem side down on cookie sheet
-make 3 slits lightly on the top (side, middle, side) to vent
-follow steps to make the next one


Once done and have both rolls on the cookie sheet, place in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown like cookies.
Cool for about 10 minutes, cut into slices and enjoy.
Can use this as a dinner and with a side dish or just as a snack or party tray!
You can use pizza sauce or sour cream for dipping :):)
Enjoy!






1 comment: