Monday, August 29, 2011

Sopa de Feijao - Bean Soup

I love soup, I don’t care if it’s winter, fall, summer or spring, it doesn’t stop me and my family from enjoying a good bowl of soup.

I wanted to make something different tonight but was really in the mood for a big bowl of chunky soup, so bean soup it is.

There are many ways of making a Portuguese soup, this is just the way I make it.

Bean Soup
Sopa de Feijao – Bean Soup

olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 parsnips, chopped
1 big tomato, chopped
1 Linguica or Chourico, sliced
Cabbage, chopped
2 cans of beans (whichever you prefer, I used one kidney and one butter navy beans)
salt and pepper to taste

In a big pot, add a little bit of olive oil, the garlic, carrots, parsnips and tomato. Fry for a few minutes until the vegetables are halfway cooked.

Bean Soup


Bean Soup 

Add the beans, chourico and the cabbage, season with salt and pepper.

Bean Soup 

Cover everything with water,

Bean Soup 

close the lid and set to simmer until the veggies are all cooked to your taste. Check the salt and pepper.
Serve. It’s a super easy soup to make and really tasty :)

Bean Soup


© 2006 - 2012 Full Bellies, Happy Kids - All Rights Reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment