Sunday, August 28, 2011

Baked Parmesan and Provolone Spaghetti

Yes I know, another baked spaghetti recipe.  I think once you’ve had one, you’ve had them all, but not really.  I tend to believe that this one of those recipes that can be adapted and changed and dressed up or dressed down……and since I’m all about sharing my food with my readers, I thought I would come in and give it to you.

There’s nothing special about this baked spaghetti, other than the fact that I didn’t use any jarred spaghetti sauce and threw in some provolone and whatnot.

You be the judge, you can either stick to your regular baked spaghetti recipe or try this one, or not, it’s totally up to you, but like I said in the interest of sharing, I felt it needed to be posted.

2011_08280044
Baked Parmesan and Provolone Spaghetti

1 lb ground beef
1 small onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
salt and pepper
sugar
italian seasoning
olive oil
cooked spaghetti
provolone cheese
parmesan cheese


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a skillet, add a little bit of oil, the onion and the garlic. Cook for a few minutes until onion is tender, just don’t burn the garlic. Add the ground beef and brown.

Next, add in the can of crushed tomatoes and then add in the spices to taste. I don’t measure anything it’s pretty much just eyeballed. I start by adding in the salt and pepper and the italian seasoning and then I add in a little bit of sugar at a time just until I can taste that it’s cut that bitter taste from the tomatoes and the italian seasoning.

2011_08280037 

Simmer for about 5 to 10 minutes and turn off.
Cook the spaghetti according to the package directions, it’s going to bake in the oven for another 20 minutes so you don’t have to cook it too much.

Drain the spaghetti and add it to the meat sauce.

Spray a casserole dish with some nonstick spray, add about half of the spaghetti and meat sauce on the bottom, sprinkle with a good layer of parmesan cheese, then add some provolone cheese slices.

2011_08280040 

Top with the rest of the spaghetti and meat sauce and end with more parmesan and more provolone. Pop in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted.

2011_08280043


© 2006 - 2012 Full Bellies, Happy Kids - All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! My family would devour such a wonderful recipe; after we said grace,of course. Stay blessed and prosperous.

    ReplyDelete