Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hearty Nachos

I have been craving nachos for days now, I mean, literally salivating over the thought of nachos and no clue why.

Hearty Nachos

But, I didn't want to go spend money at Taco Bell when it's something that is so easily made at home.

This recipe may be a little different to what you're used to getting, for one, there are no refried beans and once the family and I got over that shock, we dove right in and finished that whole casserole dish in record time.  The hubby and kids announced it was better than Taco Bell.....I'll just let you be that judge of that :)

Hearty Nachos


Hearty Nachos

1 pound lean ground beef
1 package taco seasoning
1 small onion, diced
2 small tomatoes, diced
1 sliced, jalapeno
Shredded Cheese, I like Cheddar or the Monterey Jack mix
Tortilla Chips
Sour Cream


In a skillet, brown the ground beef with the taco seasoning

On a casserole dish (mine was slightly smaller than a 9x 13 but you can also use a deep pie dish), layer the nachos as follows:

Tortilla chips, about 1 cup of cheese, beef mixture, diced tomatoes, diced onions, jalapenos. Sprinkle more cheese on top, again this is up to you how much depending on what your family likes.

Pop under the broiler until the cheese is nice and melted. Serve with a few dollops of sour cream.


NOTE:  I love that with this recipe, I can make more or less nachos as is needed. I can make a single serving or I can make double or even triple the batch if I have more people coming over.

1 comment:

  1. First of all: Ove the new look!!So clean and vintage!
    Next: those nachos are looking so, so good ..Today at dinner i made guacamole and those nachos would be perfect along with it!!!

    Kisses,
    Rita

    ReplyDelete