Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Zesty Lemon Cookies

Oh the lemons have been completely overtaking our tree and we're having a hard time keeping up with the harvest.

I end up giving bags and bags away to friends and neighbors but of course I still end up with a huge amount of lemons which are used in all sorts of goodies and even cleaning.



2011_01110022

Zesty Lemon Cookies

* 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
* 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1/4 cup lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
* 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* Powdered sugar for dusting


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a standing mixer on medium speed, add butter and sugar, and cream until well blended. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. With the mixer on low speed, add eggs, one at a time, until blended. Add lemon juice and zest, mixing until blended.
3. Add salt, baking powder and flour and mix until blended.
4. Drop by rounded scoopfuls onto prepared baking sheets and bake until edges are firm with no color, 12 to 15 minutes.

2011_01110019

5. Let cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks and let cool completely. Dust with powdered sugar. Servings » Makes 2 1/2 dozen (I used my cookie scoop and got 3 dozen cookies)

2011_01110021

2 comments:

  1. I would LOVE to have my own lemon tree Sandra! I love lemon anything and that would be so neat to have as many as I wanted to use so close! Your cookies look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the recipe. I made them Sunday and they are so good and were not that hard to make. My husband does not like lemon and he liked these. Definitely a keeper! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete