Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Lucky Leaf American Flag Cake

Every 4th of July I make an American Flag Cake, but I usually use fresh strawberries and blueberries.

This time I tried something different, I was offered some products from Lucky Leaf to review on my main blog and one of the recipes included was for the Flag Cake, but using Pie Filling.

YUMMY!

I will always make it this way, it was so good and within about 3 hours the cake was completely gone, not even a crumb was left.


2010_07040022

LUCKY LEAF AMERICAN FLAG CAKE
Credit: Lucky Leaf Products


  • 1 prepared 9 x 13 inch white cake or the cake of your choice
  • 1 (16oz.) tub of whipped topping, divided
  • 1 (21 oz.) can of LUCKY LEAF Apple Pie Filling
  • 1 (21 oz.) can of LUCKY LEAF Cherry Pie Filling
  • 1 (21 oz.) can of LUCKY LEAF Blueberry Pie Filling


Directions

Reserve 1/3 cup whipped topping. Spread remaining whipped topping over top and sides of cake. In the upper left-hand corner of the cake, use ½ can LUCKY LEAF Blueberry Pie Filling to create the square field for the stars. Starting with the LUCKY LEAF Cherry Pie Filling at the top edge of the cake, form alternating stripes of the flag using LUCKY LEAF Cherry Pie Filling and LUCKY LEAF Apple Pie Filling. Use remaining whipped topping to create stars in the blue field. Refrigerate.

Makes 12 servings

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this! My son and I are both allergic to strawberries and most red, white, and blue desserts use them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic blog you have.. The pictures are amazing....

    ReplyDelete