Saturday, July 04, 2009

My Potato Salad

I think potato salad is one of the most versatile dishes you can prepare and nearly everyone has at least one or two different ways of making it.

This is the way I prepare mine and it's my family's and friends favorite.


2009_07040012


Sandra's Potato Salad


5 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 eggs
Sweet Relish
1 green onions, finely sliced
Mustard
Mayonnaise - just enough to moisten the salad
Salt and pepper to taste

2009_07040008


Fill a large pot halfway with water, add the potatoes and the eggs, season with a little bit of salt. Boil until the potatoes done, yet still firm, let cool. Strain the water out and transfer potatoes to a mixing bowl. Cut into small cubes.

Peel the eggs and dice them up finely, add to the potatoes. Add relish to taste, green onions, mustard (about a tablespoon, little more or less depending on your own preference). Add the mayonnaise and salt and pepper and stir until well combined and moistened. (Just add mayonnaise a little at a time and keep adding until you're happy with the consistency)

2009_07040009

You can serve the salad immediately or chill first, I prefer to chill it for about 30 minutes to an hour. Serves 6.

2 comments:

  1. Great looking potato salad Sandra. Looks like my mom's, except she also adds some celery and cucumber. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm Sandra and I just posted some potato salad on my blog last week. My brother in law is Portugese but he has never cooked me anything like his family eats. I know they eat a new pig at Easter I think? that has never had anything but it's moms milk and he has also told me they eat goat.

    ReplyDelete