Friday, July 24, 2009

Homemade Maple Syrup!

There's nothing like pancakes or waffles with maple syrup, but it's even better when it's homemade maple syrup.

Quick and simple and my family actually prefers this one to the store bought which is good for me, I never have to spend money on those. :)

2009_07240011


Homemade Maple Syrup


1-3/4 c white sugar
1/4 c brown sugar
1 c water
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. maple extract


Mix the white and brown sugar with the water, bring to a boil.

Cover and cook for about a minute.

Add the vanilla and maple, mix well and let cool.

This syrup does not need refrigeration. I just use a cute little glass bottle for mine.

7 comments:

  1. Gonna give this a try! I am assuming the 1/2 tsp. maple is extract?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LDH - yes it is, sorry I'll edit the recipe :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sandra, I always had a bottle of this in my cupboard when my kiddies were growing up! They always loved it and so did I. Thanks for the happy memory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I had no idea that making homemade syrup was that easy! I will definitely have to give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely going to whip up some of this tomorrow! Thanks for the recipe! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to make this this weekend! I ONLY like homemade syrup, not the store-bought stuff, so this looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think Tupperware made a plastic container for this purpose in the mid-to-late 70s. Whoever made it, ours was white. I have never tried making it on my own, but am claiming no excuses now that you posted the recipe. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete