Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Apple Biscuits!

Here I was fixing dinner when the kids asked me if I would make something for dessert. I said yes, but then I realized I really didn't have anything on hand and am out of eggs.  This to me is what I love about cooking because you create something out of nothing and using just what you have available. It's at these times that I've ended up with really good recipes. 

So I grabbed a few apples and a big can of large buttermilk biscuits and set to work....or rather, while I was fixing the steaks, I set everything out for Jasmine and instructed her and SHE made them. 

You wouldn't believe the happiness and excitement exuding from this child :) 

One of the things I really like about these Apple Biscuits is that they're not rich and super sweet, just perfect!  

102_0286 

APPLE BISCUITS 

1 can of large buttermilk biscuits (8) 
2 apples peeled and cored and chopped into chunks 
cinnamon 
brown sugar 
 
 In a small bowl, mix together the apples, cinnamon and brown sugar. Just eyeball it and add more or less as needed. 
 
102_0274 
 
Open the biscuits in half and spoon some of the apple mixture into the middle. 
 
102_0275 
 
Squeeze the seams together to seal and using a fork or a toothpick or whatever, poke 3 or 4 holes on the 
top.
 
 102_0276 
 
Bake in a 375 degree oven until golden brown. 
 
102_0279 
 
Now take a big bite....yum, look at that apple.... 
 
102_0288

12 comments:

  1. What a delicious looking accidental dessert!
    Melanie@Bella~Mella

    ReplyDelete
  2. How simple, but I'm sure absolutely delicious. I love simple things to make. This would be perfect for my niece to help me make. Thanks for the great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gasp... how wonderful are these!!!

    Great thinkin'!! Wow! My family will love them.. and so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sandra, I love this blog! I gave it an award on my blog! have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've just started reading your blog and I really like it! I made this recipe today for breakfast and it is EVERY bit as good as you said! YUMMY! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. nothing like a quick thinking mom! dinner for tonight was a "hummm, now what can i make with this..." kinda night. the biscuits look good! maybe with a quick powdered sugar glaze...like an apple turnover...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks good, as everything you make.

    Alfazema

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh those look good!! We can't get refrigerated biscuits over here. I may have to make some from scratch. They are calling my name!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a great idea for a quick treat - I'll have to let my daughter know about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I found your blog through Menu Plan Monday! We had this last night and Oh, my goodness!! Wonderful!! Hubby ate 4!!!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just bought apple and I am planning on making them this week. I will let you know! this is such a nice and interesting treat. I ve never heard of it before but sounds delicious. please keep on writing and sharing recipes.. thank you for shearing your post.

    Thanks

    Rumela
    my site

    ReplyDelete