Saturday, December 15, 2007

Homemade Fudge

 

I don't think there is anything more reminiscent of childhood than fudge...at least for me.  It was one of those sweet treats that you didn't get very often and when you did it was the best thing in the whole wide world.

I spent most of my life wondering how it was made and even attempted it a couple times before I got married.....but the results were awful, it was runny and just not good at ALL.  I had given up on making fudge until I found a quick and easy recipe that left me stunned...I mean really, who knew it was that easy to make???  Even better, it was right on the back of the jars of Marshmallow Creme.  LOL

Anyway, here we go:

100_2287

Those are the main ingredients used in the fudge, or should I say, the ones that you can't do without???

100_2291

In a pan you're going to add 3 cups sugar, 3/4 cup margarine and 2/3 cup of evaporated milk.

Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly, then cook for another 4 minutes, making sure to continue stirring to prevent scorching.100_2292

Now stir in the marshmallow creme

100_2293

Stir in the chocolate.  I used 1 box of white cooking chocolate and half a bag of chocolate/caramel chips.  Yummy!  Mix everything together until  the marshmallow and chocolate is melted.

100_2295

Doesn't that look yummy???

100_2298

Add one tablespoon of vanilla extract and mix well.

100_2301

Line a 8.in. x8-inch pan or a 9x13.inch pan with aluminum foil and pour the fudge in.  Let it cool and then cut into squares.

100_2326

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandra,

    Do you use the blocks of baking chocolate also or just the white choc. and caramel chips? I just got a little confused by the pic. We're doing Sunday School teacher gifts tomorrow ... fudge and caramels - they'll LOVE us :) :)

    Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete