Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Slow Cooker Italian Sausage and Penne!

Last night's dinner turned out really good, I made some Buttered Mashed Potatoes to go with the Swiss Steak and it was YUMMY. The recipe is just beneath this one if you're interested in giving it a try.

For dinner tonight, and continuing with our Slow Cooker week, I have another recipe from the same Gooseberry Patch cookbook, can't wait to try it.

So here's what's in my crockpot right now:

Image belongs to me

ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND PENNE
Gooseberry Patch "Slow Cooker Recipes"


3/4 lb. hot italian sausage links, cut into bite-size pieces (I used mild italian sausage)
1 red pepper, chopped
1/2 onion, chopped
26-oz. jar spaghetti sauce
6-oz. penne pasta, cooked.

Stir together all ingredients except pasta in a slow cooker. Cover and cook on low setting for 7 to 8 hours. At serving time, stir in cooked pasta. Makes 4 servings.

A hearty dish like Italian Sausage and Penne is perfect on a cool autumn night. Carry the crock right out to your backyard picnic table and savor the fall colors with your family.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, this one looks yummy! I'm printing it out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipes are great, but my finicky kids wont touch anything unless it only has sauce on it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I would so pay you to come cook for me!! I am finding it harder and harder to have enough time to cook anything before work. I am back to eating maybe 1 meal a day, if that! So tired....
    I give major props to you for cooking such fabulous meals every night for your family!

    ReplyDelete