Saturday, October 06, 2007

Hearty Chick 'n Dumplings!!!

Nothing says comfort food like a big bowl of Chicken and Dumplings, so when I found this recipe in my new cookbook, I knew I had to try it.

At first I wondered how the biscuits would hold up cooking in there for an hour but I was surprised at how good they turned out.

So here it is, tastes just like grandma used to make.

Image belongs to me

Hearty Chick 'n Dumplings

2 10-3/4 oz. cans cream of chicken soup
2 14-1/2 oz. cans chicken broth
1/2 onion, diced
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 16.3-oz. tubes refrigerated biscuits, quartered

Note: I added some sliced celery to mine, you could also add some carrots too.

Combine first 3 ingredients in a slow cooker. Add chicken; cover and cook on high setting for 6 hours. During the last hour of cooking, remove chicken and shred with 2 forks; return to slow cooker. Add biscuits to chicken mixture; stir to coat. Cover and cook on high setting for one hour. Serves 4.

2 comments:

  1. I was looking for a recipe idea for Chicken and Dumplings. Let me know how you liked it. I linked you on my meal idea page!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made this last night and it was a big hit inour home! Thanks for all the wonderful ideas! : O )

    ReplyDelete