Monday, May 28, 2007

Popcorn Chicken Salad!

Curt and I are trying to eat healthier and we've started ordering the salads from the fast food places but they're expensive and not really good on the budget.

One of our favorites are the Crispy Chicken Salads with Honey Mustard dressing, so I decided to try making it at home and was very impressed with the results, it's SO much cheaper than buying it and I can make it whenever I'm in the mood....makes a great lunch.


Popcorn Chicken Salad


Lettuce
Onion, thinly sliced
Cucumber, sliced
Croutons
Shredded Cheese
1 box frozen popcorn chicken, cooked

For the honey mustard:

Yellow mustard
Honey

In a bowl combine the first 6 ingredients, I like my lettuce to have big pieces so I don't chop it up, I just wrip the leaves into big chunks. I do cut the bigger popcorn chicken into smaller bite size pieces.

In a small bowl, combine mustard and honey....I eyeball it and just keep adding the two and stirring them up until I'm happy with the taste. You want it to be sweet but still have that kick from the mustard.

Pour over lettuce and chicken, combine well and serve.

What I love about this recipe is that I can make it just for myself or I can double it for the whole family or a potluck.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment