Friday, April 27, 2007

Favorite Ingredients Friday!!!

It's been a long time since I've participated in the Favorite Ingredients Friday, shame on me. Things get so busy around here and I tend to forget these weekly features.....so I apologize to the wonderful lady at "Overwhelmed with Joy".



For today I'm sharing my Portuguese Steaks, they can be served 2 ways....you can either serve them for dinner with some homemade fries (the way I make them more often), or you can serve them as a sandwich in some fresh french rolls which is called a Bifana (I do this for a quick lunch or light dinner).


PORTUGUESE STEAKS

INGREDIENTS

  • 3/4 cup red wine
  • 1/4 cup water
  • 10 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon chile paste
  • 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 6 (4 ounce) beef tenderloin steaks
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil

DIRECTIONS

  1. In a medium bowl, combine red wine, water, garlic, chile paste, white pepper and salt. Add beef, and turn to coat evenly.
  2. In a large heavy skillet over medium heat, fry 3 steaks for 2 minutes on each side; Set steaks aside, and drain liquids into the red wine mixture. Repeat with remaining beef.
  3. Pour oil into skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Fry steaks for a second time, 2 minutes on each side. Drain oil, and return all steaks and marinade to the pan. Allow to boil for 2 minutes.

7 comments:

  1. YUMMY! I'm saving this one!

    JEnn

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds really good! Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Sandra, these sound incredible!!!!!!!! Thank you so much....I can't wait to make these :)

    Blessings,
    Lori4squaremom
    http://lori.scottdomain.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandra!
    These look delicious.
    Blessings~
    ♥ Annie
    My Life as Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, they sound great!! I can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing, have a great weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Sandra! Don't apologize. I've been remiss in participating in your Slow Cooker recipe exchange as well. I'm sorry. I'll try to remember this coming Thursday...although I'll be in NE visiting family so it'll depend on how crazy things are. :)

    This steak recipe looks delicious! It's got a lot of my favorite ingredients in it!

    Thanks so much for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

    I hope to see you again next Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That does sound yummy and not too difficult!

    ReplyDelete