Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Crockpot Beef Stroganoff!!!



I came upon this recipe online and just couldn't pass it up. I LOVE Beef Stroganoff but never fix it in the crockpot, so being able to find a quicker and easier way to make it, is just a plus for me.

The house smells wonderful, is there anything better than crockpot cooking??? I tell you, the few minutes I spend dumping the ingredients into the crockpot are no match for the amazing meal you get at the end of the day :)

So here goes....I got this one from Cooks.com:

CROCKPOT BEEF STROGANOFF

3 lb. beef round steak, 1/2 inch thick
1/2 c. flour
2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
2 med. onions, thinly sliced and separated into rings
2 (4 oz. each) cans sliced mushrooms, drained or 1/2 lb. mushrooms, sliced
1 (10 1/2 oz.) can condensed beef broth
1/4 c. dry white wine (optional)
1 1/2 c. sour cream
1/4 c. flour

Trim all excess fat from steak and cut meat into 3 inch strips about 1/2 inch wide. Combine 1/2 cup flour, the salt, pepper and dry mustard; toss with steak strips to coat thoroughly. Place coated steak strips in crock pot; stir in onion rings and mushrooms.

Add beef broth and wine; stir well. Cover and cook on low setting for 8-10 hours. Before serving, combine sour cream with 1/4 cup flour; stir into crock pot.

Serve stroganoff over rice or noodles.

UPDATE: IT WAS DELICIOUS :)

3 comments:

  1. Well, why on earth didn't I think to go on line and search for crockpot recipes. I didn't participate in your Slow Cooker thing last week because I discovered I only have one actual recipe. Everything else I make is kind of just by ear, if you know what I mean. This recipe sounds so good. I love beef stroganof.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started using my crockpot more and I'm glad I found this site.

    I'm also wondering how you did the label thing on blogger? I'm always looking for ways to make blogging easier!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gee that sounds good. I am not going to get anything done today browsing your blogs and links....

    ReplyDelete