Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Mushroom Round Steak!!!

My slow cooker is working double shift this week. I used it for last night's dinner, and she's back at it again this morning, slowly cooking tonight's meal.

Is there anything better than the aroma that floats around the house???

I'm fixing Mushroom Round Steak, mashed potatoes and salad. For dessert, it's Tres Leches Cake....it's so good and I've never tasted a cake so moist. If you like sweetened condensed milk, then you have to try this recipe, the bottom of the cake becomes almost like a pudding, moist and gooey, and every bite brings the flavor of the condensed milk... YUMMY!!!

I'll add a picture as soon as it's ready, so you can all see what it looks like.

MUSHROOM ROUND STEAK

1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 to 2-1/2 pounds boneless beef round steak (1/2 inch thick), cut into serving-size pieces
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 can (10 1/2 ounces) condensed French Onion soup, undiluted
1 can (8 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon Worcestershire saurce
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 cup cold water
1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream

In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and pepper. Add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, brown the beef in batches in oil. Transfer meat to a slow cooker with a slotted spoon. In a bowl, combine the soup, mushrooms, water, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over meat. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.

Remove beef with a slotted spoon; keep warm. Transfer cooking liquid to a saucepan. Combine cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking liquid. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir a small amount of hot liquid into sour cream. Return all to the pan; cook on low until heated through. Serve over meat.
Yield: 6 servings


4 comments:

  1. Ummm, this sounds yummy. I'm going to copy this one down, sounds like really good comfort food to me!

    Thanks for sharing Sandra!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopping by to let you know your breaded ranch chicken is in the oven tonight. Smells wonderful. And Rob was in the air force. When he asked me where all these great new recipes are coming from and I told him my friend Sandra who lives at Mountain Home AFB in Idaho, he knew right where I was talking about.

    OK, this recipe looks wonderful too. I think the next one I'm trying is your round steak stroganoff. Honestly, you have no idea how much I appreciate all these new things to make.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making dinner tomorrow night for football season kickoff. You have just the best blogsite - I know I can count on finding something good to cook here. This steak recipe is perfect - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacy - I'm so glad you're enjoying the recipes, let me know how you like this one?

    Barb - That is so neat that your hubby knows exactly which base we're at :) Can't wait for you to let me know how what you thought of this one....the stroganoff was really good, hubby LOVED it.

    Bev - I'm so glad you like my blog :) Let me know how it turned out, I hope you guys enjoy it :) We had it for dinner last night and it was sooooo good, it was just falling apart when I tried to get it ouf the slow cooker :)

    ReplyDelete