Wednesday, August 23, 2006

KIELBASA BUNDLES!!!

If there's one thing that we can all agree on, at my house, is that we love kielbasa. I try to incorporate it in a lot of my meals and always have a lot on hand.

When I first found this recipe in one of my Taste of Home Recipes books, I need I had to try it. So today is the day, I'm giving it a go and hoping for the best. Anyone want to try it with me???

KIELBASA BUNDLES

1/2 pound fully cooked kielbasa, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup chopped green pepper
1 garlic clove, minced
1 tablespoon butter or margarine
1/3 cup barbecue sauce
2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
4 slices process American cheese, halved
1 egg white
1 tablespoon water

In a large skillet, cook sausage for 5-8 minutes; drain. Add onion, green pepper, garlic and butter; cook until vegetables are tender. Stir in barbecue sauce; heat through.

Unroll crescent roll dough and separate into eight rectangles; seal perforations.

Place a cheese slice on half of each rectangle; top with 2 tablespoons sausage mixture. Fold dough over filling and pinch edges to seal; fold seam under. Beat egg white and water; brush over dough.

Place bundles seam side down on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.

3 comments:

  1. You simply can't have too much kielbasa.

    I mean--you know--if you are cooking and eating it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We like to have kilbasa and I'm always looking for different ways to serve it - this sounds great - thanks!

    Did you see my recipe for honey mustard kielbasa and potatoes I posted for 5 Ingredient Friday a few weeks ago? That's a yummy dinner too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my husband is lithuania, and kielbasa is a household staple......we eat it at least once a week, maybe more often. I will try these bundles. Thank you for the recipe...

    ReplyDelete