Friday, August 18, 2006

FIVE INGREDIENTS FRIDAY!!! Aug. 18th

So here we are again, another friday and time to hit the ON button on my printer and get ready to enjoy all the wonderful recipes being shared in blog world.

Overwhelmed with Joy started this feature, so go on over and either add your name to the list or if not, then go ahead and check out all the great recipes.


The recipe I'm sharing today is for a Crockpot Chicken Supreme.
You can substitute different types of cheese and different flavors of condensed soup to change the flavor of this fabulous, easy slow cooker recipe.

CROCKPOT CHICKEN SUPREME



INGREDIENTS:


* 3 slices bacon
* 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
* 10 oz. can condensed cream of chicken soup
* 4 oz. jar sliced mushrooms, drained
* 1/2 cup chopped swiss cheese

PREPARATION:
In large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from skillet and drain on paper towels. Crumble bacon and set aside in refrigerator.

In bacon drippings in skillet, cook chicken over medium heat 3-5 minutes or until light brown, turning once.

Place in 4-6 quart slow cooker. Top with mushrooms. In skillet, heat soup and pour over mushrooms and chicken. Cover and cook on low setting for 4 hours.

Top chicken with cheese slices and sprinkle with bacon. Cover and cook on high for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. 6 servings



8 comments:

  1. Okay gotta try, I love any excuse to use my crockpot...best investment I ever made!

    Thanks for stopping by my five ingredient friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and Snuggle Bug love chicken and I love crock pot recipes so this one is getting printed out!

    As always, thanks for participating on my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange. I sure appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. After spending all day teaching, I love coming home to a crock pot meal. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, I had no idea you could make a dish look so gourmet that came out of a slow cooker. Can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! A crockpot recipe. I use mine all winter long. Something about food slow cooking all day long makes the house seem cozier. This sounds (and looks) wonderful. On my list of new recipes to make. Soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The picture made my mouth water and it seems pretty easy to make. Chicken is usually served 2-3 times a week here, so I am sure they would love this one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love crock pot recipes as well. Especially in the winter and this sounds wonderful. I LOVE chicken. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My wonderful husband made this on Tuesday and we loved it. I am not one for leftovers (I'm strange that way) but I enjoyed this just as much the 2nd time around. I know we'll have it again soon, after the baby arrives.

    ReplyDelete