Monday, August 21, 2006

CRAB LASAGNA!!!

As promised and since it's what we're having for dinner, here is the recipe for the Crab Lasagna. Now I actually adapted this one from an Alaskan Halibut Lasagna recipe that I have had for so many years.

So here goes, I'm giving you the recipe as it reads, and hey you can go ahead and make it as is, or you can be adventurous and do the crab like I did (or even crab and shrimp mix as I've tried before).

Alaskan Halibut Lasagna
(or crab)



6 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
1-1/2 pounds halibut steaks, bones removed and cut into 1-inch cubes (2 packages of crab meat)
2 garlic cloves, minced
3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 cups chicken broth
1 cup whipping cream
8 ounces lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese

In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add halibut, garlic and thyme. Cook until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 10 minutes. Remove and set aside. Add the remaining butter to the skillet. Stir in flour and salt until smooth; cook and stir until golden brown. Gradually add broth and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer half of the noodles, halibut(crab), white sauce and cheese. Repeat layers.

Cover and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 20 minutes longer or until bubbly. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley if desired.

3 comments:

  1. How in the world did I miss this one? Just printed it out and with the beautiful photos you post, I'm quickly running out of printer ink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Laura, Barb, let me know if you try this one out and if you like it ok??? Like I said, I just substituted the crab and shrimp for the halibut, but I'm thinking the halibut is going to be tasty too, guess I'll have to try that one :)

    ReplyDelete